cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LMichel
Level 2

An error occurred while applying security settings. OUR_DOMAIN\SYSTEM is not a valid

Hello,

We are trying to deploy an application using System Center configuration Manager (SCCM). the application is deployment in system Context

The issue is that the msi tries to configure permissions for OUR_DOMAIN\SYSTEM. this account of course does not exists.

I've edited the msi with installshield but was not able to find where that permission is configured.

InstallShield 15:56:49: Error extracting ISBEW64.exe from ISRegSvr.dll

MSI (s) (F4:A0) [15:56:50:452]: Doing action: WriteRegistryValues

Error 1609. An error occurred while applying security settings. OUR_DOMAIN\SYSTEM is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install. Unable to locate the user's SID, system error 1332

Can you help me to fix this msi ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

LMichel wrote:
Hello,

We are trying to deploy an application using System Center configuration Manager (SCCM). the application is deployment in system Context

The issue is that the msi tries to configure permissions for OUR_DOMAIN\SYSTEM. this account of course does not exists.

I've edited the msi with installshield but was not able to find where that permission is configured.

InstallShield 15:56:49: Error extracting ISBEW64.exe from ISRegSvr.dll

MSI (s) (F4:A0) [15:56:50:452]: Doing action: WriteRegistryValues

Error 1609. An error occurred while applying security settings. OUR_DOMAIN\SYSTEM is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install. Unable to locate the user's SID, system error 1332

Can you help me to fix this msi ?

Hi,

Are you trying to use InstallShield MSI project or only trying to edit msi via InstallShield?

It would be better if you provide more details in steps here?

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos