cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvasko
Level 4

Allow only selectable drives

As per the thread below. I am wanting to only allow the user to pick drive that the software gets installed on and not the path (E.g. X:\Program Files\MyApp). X being the only thing they can select.

I think I found what I want in the Dialogs designer with "Volume Select Combo". But I am getting "Error: 2819. Control VolumeSelectCombo on dialog CustomSetup needs a property linked to it." I can't seem to add a property in the "Property Manager" with a space in it or even if that is a solution to the problem.

Any feedback on a better way of doing it would be appreciated.

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=194091

I posted the above thread in the wrong location.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

There needs to be a public property specified in the "Property" setting for a VolumeSelectCombo control. For example, specify SELECTEDVOLUME as a public property name. If Property field for this control is left blank, runtime error 2819 will occur.
0 Kudos
kvasko
Level 4

joshstechnij wrote:
There needs to be a public property specified in the "Property" setting for a VolumeSelectCombo control. For example, specify SELECTEDVOLUME as a public property name. If Property field for this control is left blank, runtime error 2819 will occur.

I think I figured out what I need but running into a little snag...

I created a Volume Select Combo and assigned it a property value of "_BrowserPropperty" and changed it to be an "Indirect Property". That changes the installation location do "C:\" or "D:\" or whatever is in the dropdown menu but I want to append my own folder on behind it.

E.g. (C:\MyApplication\ApplicationFile). I tried doing [_BrowseProperty]\MyApplication but that didn't work out.
0 Kudos
kvasko
Level 4

So I eventually figured out a solution to the problem...

On the "InstallChangeFolder" dialog box I added a "Volume Select Combo". named the property "INSTALLDRIVE" left the indirect property as "False".

On the "Ok" button I added the following

[FEATURENAME] [INSTALLDRIVE] 1
SetTargetPath [_BrowseProperty] 1

and left everything else the same.

Most of what I did was taken from this thread
http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=145774&highlight=Select+Drive

This seems to be a common question, it surprises me that there is no clear concise and accurate solution. Hopefully this helps someone else out.
0 Kudos