After removing file from Application files, Visual Studio unresponsive
If the crash is reproducible, please provide me with whatever steps that you took to reproduce the issue and if it is not reproducible we may just need to keep an eye on things to see if it occurs again to investigate further.
Using VS 2013 (with update 5) and ISLE 2015 installed on Windows 10 (with recent updates) and I did not experience this issue.
I added 2 primary outputs to the [AppDataFolder]
I saved the solution
I deleted 1 primary output and had no issues
Deleted 2nd primary output and did not see any issues.
Started over with a new solution and ...
I added 1 primary outputs to the [AppDataFolder]
I added 1 random.txt file to the [AppDataFolder]
I removed 1 primary output and had no issues,
Then removed the random.txt and saw no issues
Re-added the primary output and the random.txt
Saved the solution
Deleted each entry individually once again with no issues.
- Let us know if you run into this again and we can take a closer look.
If you go to the location below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015LE\System
and check the file version of: FrmWrkLib.dll
(Right click > Properties > Details tab)
If it is 22.214.171.1246 or lower, I would download the latest bits of ISLE and reinstall as this file may have been updated since the time you originally installed ISLE
InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio
Search "Delimon" (13 hits in 1 file)
C:\Users\Simon\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\SetTags\SetTags\SetTagsInstall\SetTagsInstall.isl (13 hits)