cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raj
Level 6

Adminuser property during upgrade.

Hi,

I am having an installscriptmsi project in installshield2008. I am using AdminUser property as an install condition. So, that an administrator can only run the setup. It works fine for the first time installation but during minor upgrade it does not work. It allows non admin user to run the setup. Please reply asap as the product is going to be released.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
dan_galender
Level 10

The reason for this is that the LaunchConditions action has a condition of Not Installed on it. This is often the desired behavior (you might want to use conditions to prevent installation if certain conditions aren't met, but once installed, allow maintenance, upgrade or removal regardless of the conditions), but in your case (and especially if this is the only condition), you might consider removing that condition from the LaunchConditions actions (in both the UI and Execute sequences).

If your setup has additional Install Conditions that you do want tested only for a first time install, you could remove the AdminUser test from the Install Conditions and create an Error CustomAction with a condition of AdminUser and place it before or after the LaunchConditions actions (again, in both sequences) and have that CustomAction run for all installation modes.
0 Kudos
raj
Level 6

Thanks for reply. I applied the changes suggested above. It works fine but i am seeing a different message here.
I wrote this message for adminuser property in Install Condition "User should have admin access."
During maintenance mode it is showing correct message. But during first time installation it is showing some different message "Info1625.This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator".
Can anybody please clarify this situtation and tell me how to go for this?
0 Kudos
raj
Level 6

Is my query difficult to comprehend or is there no solution for this?
0 Kudos