cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raj
Level 6

Error: -1605 during uninstallation.

Hi,
I have an installer in instalshield2008 having type installscriptmsi. I have two features inside it. Let say A and B. Whenever i install A only then it installs successfully. A uses script code only for installation. After installing A i executes the setup again and this time i again selects A for installation then it agains executes successfully. But when i tries to uninstall it from Add remove programs then it gives me error like Error: -1608 Failed to complete the installation. And also this time the icon of the product is not there in add remove programs. It has been replaced by general setup icon.
And also when i tries to install the product again then it gives me error after features_installing function. Error is as
Error: -1605 This action is only valid for product that are currently installed.

I have modified the script for Onmaintuibefore as i want to executes the setup with displaying UI everytime. So, i added code there for displaying UI.
OnFirstUIBefore();
FeatureReinstall();

Note: Feature B uses MSI part for installation but Feature A installs through script only.

Can anybody help me out from this situation?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
raj
Level 6

Is my query difficult to comprehend or is there no solution for this?
0 Kudos