cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vishalsa
Level 4

Adding ComboBox in SelectionTree

Hi All,

I need to know how a selection tree automatically carries feature list, where can we modify it, My requirement is to add a list of Combobox  in selection tree with feature list and associate feature list with ComboBox

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @Vishalsa ,

selection tree  works based on feature list(feature table) which is from Microsoft:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/msi/selectiontree-control

Based on your project type you can play around:

• If it is basic MSI you can't do much since it is a predefined one.
  • If it is InstallScript/InstallScript MSI you can view the code of SdFeatureTree dialog under InstallScript view->Dialog Source->SdFeatureTree,you can try modifying based on your requirement

Thanks,

Jenifer

The Scaffolding Plugin is a bit too expensive, as we only need dropdown menus. ... 2 In the menu bar choose "insert template items",The difference between a List box and a Combo box is that a List box is simply a list .... When adding items to a sorted list or Combo box.

Adding a Combo Box. If a long list of check boxes or radio buttons takes up too much space in your form, you can list options in a combo box.

https://customerfeedbacks.info/

0 Kudos

Hello Jenifer,

Is there any way to edit the same thing in the Installshield suite UI project?
0 Kudos

Hi @Vishalsa ,

Suite feature selection tree is an enhanced UI control by InstallShield since there is no table approach in Suite project.The available feature related support from Suite:

FEATURE[name].actionState
FEATURE[name].installState
FEATURE[name].displayName
FEATURE[name].description
FEATURE[name].cost

FEATURE[featurename].actionState==n} (n = install, "empty", remove, repair)
FEATURE[featurename].installState!=number} (number = 0 -not installed, 1 - installed)

• There is no API type support to get list of features but you can read it from .issuite file under SelectionTree\Selection xml node
  • All selection nodes are features 
  • On going for combobox based approach,you might need to select features and set feature state based on your need.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi Jenifer,

Is there a way to deselect any feature by selecting any other feature like the radio button works in-suite feature selection tree?
0 Kudos

Hi @Vishalsa ,

As i mentioned in this thread:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Forum/Configuring-Feature-selection-in-UI/m-p/117944#M66973

The current support InstallShield has is:you can handle pre-selected features based on condition.How about handling it via Suite action of control's click event?

You can try picking any suite action(C++ extension,installscript code) where you can have a function which gets the current control ID and selects that which in turn can deselect all the remaining controls.

You need to try how to access these wizard control-ID's via code for which i dont have any sample to provide.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Thanks for this information. It useful
0 Kudos