cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasp1
Level 2

Add dependant dlls to GAC

We are trialling the limited version of InstallShield for Visual Studio 2013.

I have a project with over 15 external DLL’s, some of which we created and some that are from purchased software. Most of our projects will include at least this number of dlls.

In Files view, I have shown the special folder GlobalAssemblyCache. It then allows me to add each dll one at a time. Using the old Microsoft installer, you could just drag and drop the references across. Is there any way to easily add dll’s like this using InstallShield?

Thanks for any help
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi thomasp1,

In the Files view, there are Source computer's files and Destination computer's files panels.
You can highlight multiple files then drag and drop from the source to the destination panels.
0 Kudos
thomasp1
Level 2

Hi kyi

Thank you for the info. This allows me to easily get to the references if they are copied to local, otherwise I still have to hunt around for them. Is there another way?
0 Kudos
NameTooShort
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

There is a "Dependencies from scan at build..." option if you right click on the portable executable you included in your project.
These will be pulled in during build, but I believe this is pulling from local resources as well.
0 Kudos