cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z_efrati
Level 4

Add\Remove Programs

Hi,

I saw that some products have one button in Add\Remove Programs - "Change/Remove" instead of two. How do I do that?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
walleye
Level 3

If you are using an InstallScript project there are two properties for controlling those buttons "Disable Change Button" and "Disable Remove Button". They are located on the "Add or Remove Programs" property Page under the General Information tab.

The attached jpeg should help you find them.

Later
Walleye
0 Kudos
z_efrati
Level 4

Thank you.

I am using Basic MSI project, and it seems that this type of project also have the tab you talking about.
But this tab doesn't help me (or I don't know how to make it do what I want).
I know how to use this tab to controll the appearance of the buttons [Change] and [Remove], but what I want is a single button, [Change/Remove]. Maybe there is a way to change the text that is written on these buttons?
0 Kudos
ajh_ax
Level 3

Hi !
"Change/Remove" button for your product in ARP will appears if product Uninstall key
*HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{%PRODUCT_GUID%} if it is per machine installation
*HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{%PRODUCT_GUID%} if it is per user installation
does not contains values:
-WindowsInstaller
-ModifyPath
-NoModify (or its value is 0)
In order to get right functionality, make shure that command line stored under UninstallString will initialize setup maintenance mode.
0 Kudos