cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knoepdan
Level 6

Adapt possible feature selection in CustomSetup dialog

Hi

I would like to adapt the feature selection (in the feature selection tree) of the Custom setup dialog. I would like to restrict the number of choices the user has.

My goal is to provide the following choices per feature:

• "This feature will be installed on the local network"
  • "This feature will not be available"

If a feature has subfeatures, selecting all subfeatures should also be possible

• "This feature, and all subfeatures will be installed on the local network"

Now, for leave features (no subfeatures) the user can still select to install all subfeatures, which does not really make sense. (however, i could live with that)
To me, more enervating is the fact that when a feature has subfeatures, two additional choices appear that i would realy like to get rid of:

• "This feature will be instelled to run from network"
  • "This feature, and all subfeatures, will be instelled to run from the network"

How can make this superfluous choices disappear? ( i luckily could disable the advertise messages but i dont see any possibility to influence the behaviour some more)

Greetings and thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Please see http://installsite.org/pages/en/isnews/200102/CustomSetupOptions.htm for more information on the custom setup options.
0 Kudos
knoepdan
Level 6

Thanks for your answer and the link to the great article that demistyfies some of the peculiar behaviour of MSI. To recap here is what is to do:

- Disallow advertise
- Ensure every (!) feature has a component. (Create a dummy component if feature does not have one). Ensure all Components are set to "Favor local"

Having done these, the result is close enough to what i would like to have. Please refer to the article to more detailed information.
0 Kudos