cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GStrait
Level 4

Windows 7 Support?

Using InstallShield 2009, I have an InstallShield MSI project which successfully installs on Windows XP but fails install on Windows 7. On Win 7 it appears that most files are not being copied to thier target during the installl. Has anyone had success installing on Windows 7?

I'm using an administrator account on Win7 and also tried running the install right-clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator" but it did not help.

However, if I run the install by right-clicking and setting the setup file properties to run in XP mode then the install works, but verrrrryyyyy slowly.

Maybe IS2009 does not support the Windows Installer packaged with Windows 7?

Thanks for any help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

I would suggest that you test your installations under Vista first (UAC turned on). Just because IShield 2009 officially supports Vista but not Windows7 yet - here you should have recently been invited to expensively upgrade to IShield 2010 😉 - and Vista's architecture will be much closer to Windows7 than XP is.
Our QA made some basic tests with a few of my setups under Windows7 RC and did not report any trouble so far. So without having too fancy installer action at least I assume them to principally work fine there.
0 Kudos