Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
ThomasW
Level 3

Activation Issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

after problems with reactivation I make a re-installation of Installshield 2010 (Windows 7 ). Now I getting a Time-limited Trial dialog box to activate my Installshield. After that I getting a Activation Complete Message. But after re-open installshield I getting the same Time-limited Trial dialog box again.

In tsconfig /info I still see -> Expires: 30-Mar-2019

Currently getting no answer from support (after sending email), but it is urgent.

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
(6) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi,

What type of licensing you are using?In this case you aren't able to launch InstallShield i guess.Correct me if i am wrong.

Can you please attach InstallShield.log which you would find under <INSTALLDIR>\<InstallShield  Version>\System\InstallShield.log here?

That can tell us what happens internally.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

What you mean with type of licensing?

Last year I had a similar problem with re-activation (after getting new license.response file from support in combination with offline reactivation, it works). Now I had the same problem with reactivation but offline reactivation also not works anymore. After that I re-install installshield as described...but now some other issue... ;).

Attached is the log file

Thanks,

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi,

Type of licensing means nodelocked/concurrent/self hosted something like that.

Looks like one of the main  licensing checks had failed as per log file.It might be due to:

• License details dint match with expected version/product string
  • The specific edition that you run might need reactivation

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos
thanks. but how I can reactivate it? see no dialog for that
0 Kudos
I made a tsconfig /return and send a activation request to offlineactivations@installshield.com. Will see if I get some response
0 Kudos