cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasvashishth
Level 3

64 bit Setup Isntallation

Hi,

I' was having 32 bit setup that was working good, now i need to convert that setup (MSI) into 64 bit Setup with Windows 8 (IIS 7)

Follwoing, that i have done..

1. In Default App Pool, i converted into 64 Bit
2. Delete the web Extension (as IIS7 does not need it)
3. Rebuild dot net Application with Any CPU

The setup was installation all the required file and application was running good, that i checked all my dll was deployed in Program Files (x86) folder not in Program Files folder. to do the same i did following...

1. Make all the components to 64 Bit (Orgnization-> Setup-> component-> 64-Yes)
2. Installation Information->General Information->Summary information Scehme-Templeate Summary : Intel64;1033

Now my Setup failedto Proceed, the error was: -1633 This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor.

Am i missing something to convert my Installshield setup from 32 Bit to 64 Bit for Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 Bit) with 64 Bit Processor

Awaiting form reply...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Unless you are using an Itanium processor, chances are you want x64 instead of Intel64 in your Template Summary.
0 Kudos
vikasvashishth
Level 3

Thnkas.. MichaelU.. it started...
0 Kudos
vishualsoft
Level 2

Hi vikasvashishth,

I' have 32 bit setup that is working good, now i need to convert that setup into 64 bit Setup.

You said that you have done following things..

1. In Default App Pool, i converted into 64 Bit
2. Delete the web Extension (as IIS7 does not need it)
3. Rebuild dot net Application with Any CPU

Can you please explain step by step how the above things can be done? We have installshield 2.12(62). Do we need to upgrade the Installshield also?

And you said it was working good after doing the above steps, you also pl. explain how did you get into the below problem after that.

1. Make all the components to 64 Bit (Orgnization-> Setup-> component-> 64-Yes)
2. Installation Information->General Information->Summary information Scehme-Templeate Summary : Intel64;1033

Now my Setup failedto Proceed, the error was: -1633 This installation package is not supported by this processor type. Contact your product vendor.

Do we also need to do the above things after doing the first three steps? I also have not understood the solution given by MichaelU, pl. explain this also

With Best Regards.

Vishal
0 Kudos