cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhelsby
Level 3

-6002: Error while attempting to run the custom build setup for objects

Hi,

I'm having a problem running builds on a build server after installing InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition. I upgraded a VS2008 setup project to an ISLE project and it builds fine in my VS2012 dev environment but fails roughly every second or third build on the build server. The error message given is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2013Limited\InstallShield.targets(108,3): error : -6002: Error while attempting to run the custom build setup for objects.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2013Limited\InstallShield.targets(108,3): error : Exception Caught

In terms of version, I'm running InstallShield 2013 Limited Edition 20.00.0000. Visual Studio 2012 v11.0.61030.00 Update 4. .NET Framework on the build server is 4.0.

Some other threads related to this error mention Access databases, but there is no Access involvement in this install package. The package is simply deploying a Winforms .exe.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Darren
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hello Darren,

Kindly check the following KB article which describes this build error-6002 and offers some possible resolutions:

http://flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/ERRDOC/Q107699

Please let us know if this did not help.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
dhelsby
Level 3

Thanks Chaitra,

I haven't had time to follow up yet but will give your suggestions a go asap and report back.

Cheers,

Darren
0 Kudos
dhelsby
Level 3

Hi Chaitra,

I've had a look at all the suggested fixes on the link, but none apply to my situation. We don't use or rely on Access 2000 and InstallShield LE was a clean install on the build agent, so there is no BDE merge module.

Can you suggest anything else?

Thanks,

Darren
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hello Darren,

Kindly try disabling the anti-virus in your system and build the setup again.

Please let me know your observations so that we can assist you further on this.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
dhelsby
Level 3

Hi Chaitra,

We disabled anti-virus on the build agent's working directory and that seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Darren
0 Kudos