cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikhilgupta
Level 5

standalone build for IA

Do we have any standalone build that we can install on our build machines just to build the IA projects?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Outside the Advanced Designer graphical design tool, you mean? Yes, there is a command-line tool called build.exe (just look in your IA installation folder).
0 Kudos
nikhilgupta
Level 5

so is it sufficient to copy this build folder to a different machine and build IA projects there?
This is required for automated builds and I dont want to install complete IA on the build machine.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Please see my answer in this thread: http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=184295
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

this is the same problem i am facing..
i want to do automated builds.
I CANT EXCEPT TO HAVE SAME DIRECTORY STRUCTURE AS ON MINE (for custom codes and panels)

What is the solution to this?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

qqqqqq wrote:
this is the same problem i am facing..
i want to do automated builds.
I CANT EXCEPT TO HAVE SAME DIRECTORY STRUCTURE AS ON MINE (for custom codes and panels)

What is the solution to this?

Please see my question to your reposted question in the other thread: http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?t=184691
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

Simply replace all nessesary paths inside the project file. (inside your Makefile or Ant or whatever you use to build)
Then automated building works well.

Also you can think about installing IA under a specific build-user. Then you can remote log-in and with X-redirection or remote desktop stuff you can use the project builder gui...
0 Kudos
sturge
Level 6

Looks to me you can't just simply copy the IA folder to another machine. Using build.exe, my install will pop up the "This was built with an unlicensed copy" dialog box. Running it under ant does the same thing as well.
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

You can buy a "no-GUI" version of IA for your build machine, cost us about half. Of course you need the GUI version for your developer too.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

That's very interesting, this is the first time I hear about that! Where did you get this information? TIA!
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

When we had to buy IA, we asked if there was a discount for the build machine, and there is, it's a special license. If I try to launch the GUI on the build machine it fails, because it's not licensed for GUI, just for command line. (We run it through ant.)
0 Kudos