cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbernstein
Level 2

"Custom code execution started/stopped" messages on command line on Linux

Is anyone else using custom code and seeing these messages when their installers run? We are using IA 2010 SP1, not sure if they happen with IA 2010 without SP1.

We see a message print to the command line with or without LAX_DEBUG enabled:
Custom code execution started
Custom code execution stopped

We see these messages for every custom code action in our setup (we have quite a few). For now we have passed the stdout through | grep -v "^Custom code execution" to filter these messages out, but we'd like to figure out why they are showing up in the first place.

I'm planning on opening a support case but just wanted to see first if it's something simple we are missing. Before you ask, I did check through our custom code for the string "Custom code execution" and it doesn't appear anywhere. We also did not make any changes to the custom code besides recompiling with the IA 2010 SP1 version of IAClasses.zip. We were using IA 2008 before this and didn't see these messages.

Thanks,
Marc
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
aullrich
Level 2

Lots of those messages here as well. Upgraded from 2009SP2 to 2010SP1.
0 Kudos
jrokicki
Level 4

yea, I filed it as a bug against IA 2010 SP1. Didn't do that with IA 2010.
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hello,

I also tried to filtered out those messages with <<| grep -v "^Custom code execution">>, but this does no work in console mode as it prevents from seeing other prompts as well (e.g. PRESS TO CONTINUE: ).
(I am running IA 2010 SP1 HotfixA)

Did you get any other workaround from support ? or do you have any other hint ?

I will probably get back to IA 2010 one more time 😞

Regards

Jerome
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

There's a hotfix for IA 2010 SP1 that has just got released: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showpost.php?p=461869&postcount=9
but I'm not sure if it fixes this issue.
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

pv7721 wrote:
There's a hotfix for IA 2010 SP1 that has just got released: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showpost.php?p=461869&postcount=9
but I'm not sure if it fixes this issue.

No, the version I have includes this HotfixA and so it does not work.
0 Kudos