cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RemiONERA
Level 3

my install.exe is crashing

Hello

I have an installAnywhere project with a lot of files. Building the project takes a long time (19min on a brand new computer). When I want to test the installer it immediately crash.
It seems that the problem came from the number (or the size) of files because if I remove some files from the project the building takes less time (logical) and the installer works.

Any idea to solve this problem?

Rémi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
vdonga
Moderator Moderator

What is the size of install.exe after building.

Which version of IA are you using?
0 Kudos
RemiONERA
Level 3

vdonga wrote:
What is the size of install.exe after building.

the size is about 2.2 Go
vdonga wrote:

Which version of IA are you using?

2015 professional
When I run the setup it starts then after a few second I have the message "InstallAnywhere self extractor a cease to function..."
0 Kudos
vdonga
Moderator Moderator

Did you apply SP1. If not, try it. The issue of installer size over 2GB crashing is partially resolved in 2015 SP1
0 Kudos
RemiONERA
Level 3

vdonga wrote:
Did you apply SP1. If not, try it. The issue of installer size over 2GB crashing is partially resolved in 2015 SP1

I have got the SP1 update :(. It seems the problem is not totally solved
0 Kudos
Demyansawfy
Level 2

How do I change the directory to which my install of my exe goes? Right now it goes to c:/WINNT, I want it to to go C:/WINNT/system32 but cannot find where to change this.

thanks
0 Kudos
RemiONERA
Level 3

Demyansawfy wrote:
How do I change the directory to which my install of my exe goes? Right now it goes to c:/WINNT, I want it to to go C:/WINNT/system32 but cannot find where to change this.

thanks

In the advanced designer go to Project -> Plateforms and under the windows install you have the default Install Folder select:
System folder
0 Kudos