cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zionvier
Level 2

iabuild.properties file is generated wrong.

My company has finally updated IA from 6.1 to 8, yeah, I know we're slow. Anyway, we dropped a lot of support for platforms, but still deal with Windows and Solaris. Because of who initially made the installer, we have a different iap_xml file for each platform (yes, I know, why isn't it just one?), apparently when we used to support 6 platforms the install file ended up being 500mb+, so they broke it up.

So here's the issue, my Windows install build works great, the Solaris one acts strange though. If I build it using the IA GUI, it builds right and all is well in the world and the install ends up in: builds\SOLARIS\Web_Installers\InstData\Solaris
If I build it with ant, it ends up building into: builds\SOLARIS\Web_Installers\InstData\Windows

I figure something must be wrong with the build scripts, but I can't seem to find it. I've noticed that the generated iabuild.properties file get generated incorrectly when running from ant. It ends up including:
com.zerog.ia.build.platform.solaris.vm=false
com.zerog.ia.build.platform.windows.novm=true
com.zerog.ia.build.platform.solaris.novm=false
com.zerog.ia.build.platform.windows.vm=true

again, the gui builds correct, so I'm assuming the iap_xml files is correct, my ant build.xml is fairly simple:

what information is used to generate that iabuild.properties file?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd rather not have to manually build the project every night before our automated tests execute.

-Pete
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
purcellk24
Level 7

Here is a simple way..
In your buildinstaller task, add the following attributes...

IAProjectFile="${install.home}/OLAP60-SUN.iap_xml"
InstallerStdErrRedirect="console.txt"
BuildWebInstaller="true"
BuildWindowsWithVM="false"
BuildWindowsWithoutVM="false"
BuildSolarisWithVM="true"
BuildSolarisWithoutVM="true"
/>

Plus any other settings..

Also, check your OLAP60-SUN.iap_xml in the "build" tab. If you don't have the "BuildxxxWithxxxVM=true" properties set, the buildinstaller task will use what ever is selected in that tab.
0 Kudos
zionvier
Level 2

purcellk24: Thank you, that worked perfectly. I added those parameters to the buildinstaller task. I was racking my brain trying to figure out what would cause it to build correctly in the GUI (obviously the I had the right build targets selected since it worked there). I definitely didn't want to be changing the iap_xml file by hand since I'm not that familiar with IA to begin with.

Thank you again,
Pete
0 Kudos