cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhiyangchen
Level 6

how detect downgrade and abort

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how we defect highers version has been installed and abort if a higher version of it installed?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

On Windows I would use the registry.
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

Hi how about Linux?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

You have the ZeroG registry (an .XML file located either in /var (the global one) if your application is installed as root) or the local one in the user home.
0 Kudos
zhiyangchen
Level 6

Hi, As you mention the ZeroG registry, I noticed that we have .com.zerog.registry.xml under /var and another one under INSTALL_DIR. Could you tell me the differentce?

I understand we can query the product by using this registry but I have another question. Do we have any class to check downgrade? I mean if I install one product with version 6.2 and then we try to install the same product with version 6.1. I don't want to do it manually by compare the version number.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Check the contents differences between those two. As I was saying, the one in the /var is the global one, it should contain ALL installations of products for which installers have been created with IA (not only your product) and installed as root. The one in your home directory is created, if I'm not mistaken, when the product is installed as a regular user (which normally doesn't have access to /var).

AFAIK there is no built-in functionality, you would need to query the registry and indeed compare the version you get there with the version you're attempting to install and abort if not ok.
0 Kudos