cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
funkyro
Level 2

2 localization issues

1. I cannot change the ENGLISH strings from custom_en file, this file is always override by the IA on build time. I want to mention that our builds are made automatically using ant and the texts including English are changed by a person other than the builder. I saw that the strings appears in the iap_xml file, is there a possibility IA to use strings from externalized texts file custom_en instead ones from ipa_xml file, defined in IA designer.

2. Why are not shown all languages selected as supported locales in the language selection dialog? The missing languages are like Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Korean. I have Asian character sets and font installed and if i run insatller.exe -l ja it starts in Japanese all right.

thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
nicopatche
Level 2

Hi there,

I'm facing the same issue at the moment :mad: , would you have an update on that please ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
funkyro
Level 2

1. Unfortunately, this is the way IA works, take it or leave it. 😄

2. I seams, for these languages, IA needs more localized things than fonts and character sets. If you want to run installers on one of these languages you have to have windows in that language.
0 Kudos
geoffb
Level 2

My previous posts link doesn't work.

Here is the correct link.
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalID=Q200279
0 Kudos