cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmrobison
Level 2

Using shortcuts for custom code jar location

I have a question about using custom code. I have an installer that is working great, but because the jar location for the custom code is the full path (and it is called many times), it would be hard for anyone else at my company to build a new installer.

I tried creating a shortcut to the jar so that other developers would just need to create the same shortcut (lets say, C://myShortcut), but direct it to where the jar is located on their machine (lets say, C://myDevelEnvironment/ProjName/dist/jarName.jar). The problem is that when I press the "Choose jar or zip" button (to specify the path for the custom code jar) the shortcut is not recognized.

Alternatively, it would be nice to just say that the file is up 3 directories, and then under a dist directory (../../../dist), but that doesn't seem to be a valid option either.

How have others dealt with this issue? It seems absurd to have to change all developer specific paths each time someone else picks up the code...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pv7721
Level 20

What you seem to be is the Source Path concept: i.e. you define a source path for your project, which is the root path from which all the installer components are located, and then each developper can define their own source paths!
0 Kudos