cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pszczolek
Level 3

Unsupported Platform problem

Hello,

I have two installers, first created with Installshiled Universall Installer 10.5 and second with InstallAnywhere 2009 and I have problem with second in console mode in Solaris Sparc 10 platform.

First one is lunching second...

1. in GUI mode: first is lunching second in silent with response file everything is ok and works great. Installer shows only progress panel in GUI.

2. in console mode when environment variable DISPLAY is set: first is lunching second in silent with response file everything is ok and works great. Installer shows only progress panel in GUI.

3. in console mode when environment variable DISPLAY isn't set: first is lunching second in silent with response file and it doesn't work. Installer is trying to show progress panel in GUI... ok that is logical behavior.

but
4. in console mode: first is lunching second in console mode (-i console parameter) second installer stops before progress panel with error:

Unsupported Platform: The installer cannot run on your operating system. It will now quit.

but platform should be supported... and is supported when

5. in console mode: InstallAnywhere 2009's installer is lunched separately in console using the same -i console parameter, everything is ok and works great.

Do you have any idea what is wrong? How I can implement scenario 4? Disabling Check Platform rule in Project -> Rules doesn't help. Error is the same and I had checked installer in this case correctly checks system, problem is with progress panel...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Most likely this is related to the DISPLAY variable being or not being set. But in all cases, the best would be to launch the second installer in silent mode, thus insuring it'll always run!
0 Kudos
pszczolek
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
Most likely this is related to the DISPLAY variable being or not being set. But in all cases, the best would be to launch the second installer in silent mode, thus insuring it'll always run!

OK. But I must implement scenario with two installers when DISPLAY isn't set. 😞
In this case progress panel in console mode crashes with unsupported platform.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Haven't you tried to set the DISPLAY from the within the first installer, before running the second installer?

Once again, running the IA installer in silent mode, normally should work regardless the setting of the DISPLAY variable (i.e. that's why it's called silent, after all! 🙂
0 Kudos
pszczolek
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
Haven't you tried to set the DISPLAY from the within the first installer, before running the second installer?

Once again, running the IA installer in silent mode, normally should work regardless the setting of the DISPLAY variable (i.e. that's why it's called silent, after all! 🙂

It looks that problem is more complicated, even if I have DISPLAY set and run

myinstaller.bin -i silent -f /export/home/aci/ABC_installations/myinstaller/silent.response

I have:

[==================|==================|==================|==================]
[Unsupported Platform: The installer cannot run on your operating system. It will now quit.

on my Solaris10 SPARC

I checked project. In case 1, 2 and 3 second installer wasn't lunched in silent mode. It was lunched in normal GUI mode due to use property (variable) and properties file and only progress panel was displayed.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

There might be an issue here... While I never used response files I know that normally these are to be use in silent installation only, so I don't know what how the installer should have behaved in the second case, when you ran:
myinstaller.bin -i console -f /export/home/aci/ACI_installations/licensing/silent.response
0 Kudos
pszczolek
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
There might be an issue here... While I never used response files I know that normally these are to be use in silent installation only, so I don't know what how the installer should have behaved in the second case, when you ran:
myinstaller.bin -i console -f /export/home/aci/ACI_installations/licensing/silent.response

I have checked it and in this case it works... properties are read from response file and are used as default values for options in the panels.

It looks that problem is only in silent installation but this case is necessary for me. Manual says that silent mode works for all Unixs but in my case it doesn't.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Then I guess you would need to report a bug directly to Flexera Software support.
0 Kudos
pszczolek
Level 3

OK. It looks that problem was resolved in SP2.
0 Kudos