cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amusku
Level 5

Uninstall Window Hangs

Hi,
I have developed an IA projetct, and able to Build it successfully. I have installed the project using install.bin file in Linux platform and it got installed properly.
My IA project has two installsets, and the end user can install any one of them at a time. everything is fine up to here But when I try to Uninstall, the pre-Uninstall window popups and after pressing Next the GUI is hanging and after that nothing is happening. Please note that this problem occurs when I install (same version) my project more than once on the same install location.
Here is my system configuration:

RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 (32-bit x86)
InstallAnywhere 2008
I am Bundling JVM Version 1.4.2_06.

Please find the below attachment.

I am in the middle of critical project, please help me in this regard.

Regards,
Ajay

Please find
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

Multiple installation of the same project always causes trouble. Just prevent it or deal with it within your installer.

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

Thanks for your reply,
I am new to IA , Could you please tell me on How to deal with it with in the installer.waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Ajaykumar.
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

So far I just prevented re-installation. But I have read that others create updaters succesfully, so they must have found a way to do it correctly. So someone else needs to help you with this...

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

Please Help me if any body has come across this problem.
0 Kudos
Frenchy
Level 5

Hi I am new to IA, and I am having the same issue. My uninstall is hanging. Does anyone have any advise on troubleshooting this? Does anyone know how to add logging or a log file to the uninstall? any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Are you in the same conditions as the original poster (i.e. he was uninstalling after having reinstalled without a prior uninstallation).
0 Kudos
Frenchy
Level 5

it happens on a first time uninstall as well a "build to build" upgrade.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

And the rest of the conditions are identical with the original poster?
0 Kudos