cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srknitw
Level 3

Unable to open IAP_XML file. How to trouble shoot the problems with IAP_XML file.

My system got rebooted accidentally while one session is open where the Install Anywhere project is being modified. After the reboot, I am unable to open the IAP_XML file, and Install Anywhere just hangs.

I have adjusted the Heap sizes to higher values, but no change. I had a look at the console.txt file that was created in %IA_HOME% and it has the below error:

InstallAnywhere temporary directory is located at:: C:\test\Install\InstallAnywhere\test\installer\.buildinstaller1.tmp
Exception in thread "Thread-6" java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBounds(Preconditions.java:64)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBoundsCheckIndex(Preconditions.java:70)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.checkIndex(Preconditions.java:248)
at java.base/java.util.Objects.checkIndex(Objects.java:372)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:459)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.customizers.ApplianceHardwareInfo.refreshSettings(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.customizers.VMConfigurationCustomizer.aa(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.customizers.VMConfigurationCustomizer.setup(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.customizers.TBuildAppliance.setupThisApplianceBuildConfiguration(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.customizers.TBuildAppliance.setup(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.Dashboard.setObject(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.customizers.TBuildAppliance.setObject(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.designer.customizers.TBuildPhase.setObjectForBuildTab(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraad2.a0(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraad2.a_(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraad2.az(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraad2.c0(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraad2.c_(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraad2.cz(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraad2.bb(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraad2$2$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

How can I fix the IPA_XML file into a working state? Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
robertloureiro
Level 3

Did you ever find a fix to this?  I am having basically the same issue where my system was rebooted while my project was open.  Now I cannot open the project.

I am using IA 2022 R2.

0 Kudos
robertloureiro
Level 3

We were able to resolve this issue.  After analyzing the build log, we focused in on an  error related to variables.  Come to find out, I was in the middle of "Set InstallAnywhere Variable" user action, and I had not yet provided data for the Variable Name nor the "Set Value To" field.  When InstallAnywhere saved the file, I had an EditVariableTable object that had empty values for the "ruleExpression", "name" and "value".  See below:

<object class="com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.EditVariableTable" objectID="b29e69609c2b">
<property name="belongsToUninstallPhase">
<boolean>false</boolean>
</property>
<property name="rollbackEnabledCancel">
<boolean>true</boolean>
</property>
<property name="rollbackEnabledError">
<boolean>true</boolean>
</property>
<property name="ruleExpression">
<string><![CDATA[]]></string>
</property>
<property name="name">
</property>
<property name="value">
</property>
<property name="passByValue">
<boolean>false</boolean>
</property>
<property name="substituteUnknownVariable">
<boolean>false</boolean>
</property>
</object>

Once I populated those empty strings in the editor and saved the *.iap_xml file, I was able to open the project in InstallAnywhere.

I hope this helps guide someone in a similar situation to resolve their project file error.

0 Kudos