cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_decosta
Level 9

This may be a peculiar problem

hi,
i use more than 30 panels,hence in the left portion of the panel , the labels do not get highlighted even if the panel has appeared,is there any workaround for it.
james.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
walking_vart
Level 3

Do you need all the panels to be shown in the list?
You can remove some - that are not so important from the left list and highlight the previous panel for example
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
i need to show all the panels,is it possible through some way.
james.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I think your only option might be to resize the installer window, I guess that should do the trick.
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi walking vart,
what i tried to did is i went to the individual dialogs and in the label settings ,gave the chose the label as before and tried to implement it but it
does not work fine.
Any idea how i need to do it so that i can use the same as before.
Now i have given the title names in the panels but even i checked on higlight as previous panel but it is not showing the previous panels image.
james.
0 Kudos
walking_vart
Level 3

james decosta wrote:
i went to the individual dialogs and in the label settings ,gave the chose the label as before and tried to implement it but it
does not work fine.

I do not use show previous - instead I'm always select the other radio button - "Choose the label from the list"
And manually select one of available labels to be highlighted

Before it I have manually edited the list of labels to be shown in the left pane.
Probably the "same as previous" choice works fine only with "Auto Populate" feature I didn't find to convinient for me
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi,
i would like to know how to manually edit the list of labels to be shown in the left navigation panel.
Now what i did is i added a label say XXXCONFIG and then i gave this label heading in the pre install panels which appeared.
But my problem once i did this and saved,the previous panel labels appeared and there was no label with the name XXXCONFIG,how shall i achieve this feature.
james
0 Kudos
james_decosta
Level 9

hi ,
my problem is that when i went to installer UI----->LOOK AND FEEL-->List of labels for installer steps ,and then i removed some of the label names and added another label name by the name :

XXXXXCONFIG

But when i saved the project again i got the same labels as before and i did not get the XXXXCONFIG label.

I went to preinstall panel and then used :"chose label from list" action,
how shall i achieve what you said...
james,
0 Kudos
walking_vart
Level 3

james decosta wrote:

But when i saved the project again i got the same labels as before and i did not get the XXXXCONFIG label.

I do not know why sometimes IA does not saves the changes - you should ask the IA support about it (I think it is a bug)

In this case I try to close the project and open it again - mostly it helps to force IA operate normally
0 Kudos
purcellk24
Level 7

Make sure you have the Auto-Populate check box un-checked. Also if building with ant, make sure you have AutoPopulateLabels=false.
0 Kudos