Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arotbart
Level 2

Password is shown in log file

All,
i have IA 2013.
I added password variables to the list of variables to hide their values (Project tab->Variables->configure variables) and set option to be "exclude value only".
Log is enabled and variable values still appear in XML under STDERR tag.

How can i prevent those variables to appear there or at least with empty values?
(encryption is not an option as it affects silent installation)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

I had a similar problem with a Suite project. I am not as familiar with IA, but if you have the capability to execute custom actions, then my solution may work.
During install I performed my work with a temporary password that I did not care if it shows in the log file.
Near the end of the install I executed my custom action, a C# action, that will change the password to the desired password.
0 Kudos
arotbart
Level 2

Thank you for suggestion, but this does not help me.
I have log prints during pre-installation process ("Output debug information" action). And variables ARE printed to log files DESPITE listening them in variables configuration section that promises not to print their values in log file.
Looks like a bug in IA
0 Kudos
Liddles
Level 2

arotbart wrote:
I have log prints during pre-installation process ("Output debug information" action). And variables ARE printed to log files DESPITE listening them in variables configuration section that promises not to print their values in log file.
Looks like a crazy bulk review bug in the IA

Yes, same here and it worries me having passwords printed in the log files. I'm sure this can't be safe. Is this just a bug or is there a way to fix this. Maybe you found a way arotbart?
0 Kudos
Clara18
Level 2

arotbart wrote:
I have log prints during pre-installation process ("Output debug information" action). And variables ARE printed to log files DESPITE listening them and if you are also looking for top 3 bulking supplement https://legalsteroids.best/bulking/ variables will help you decide wether configuration section that promises not to print their values in log file.
Looks like a bug in IA

Its been there for a while now. although i have by adding couple of lines of code you can actually parse them and convert then in ito ini files. which are secure and harder to encrypt.
0 Kudos
chrisinebunny
Level 2

Clara18 wrote:
Its been there for a while now. phenq although i have by adding couple of lines of code you can actually parse them and convert then in ito ini files. which are secure and harder to encrypt.

Maybe you found a way arotbart? it worries me having passwords printed in the log files.
0 Kudos
hailley
Level 2

DLee65 wrote:
I had a similar problem with a Suite project. I am not as familiar with IA, but if you have the capability to execute phen375 customer reviews actions, then my solution may work.
During install I performed my work with a temporary password that I did not care if it shows in the log file.
Near the end of the install I executed my custom action, a C# action, that will change the password to the desired password.

Thanks for your idea. It solved my problem.
0 Kudos
rasdama
Level 3

Infront of the variabe name, you will see the option "Encrypt Variable value"

After setting that, you see the encrypted value in log.

Thanks,
Rakesh.
0 Kudos