cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlgonRithm
Level 3

Missing $$

Hi,

I have done a Post-Install action of type Modify Text File were some simple Search and Replace takes place. This works fine. The thing is that I have some tags that my application is looking in this file. They look like this $$variable$$ but InstallAnywhere seams to dislike $$ and deletes these as a last action and leaves only the name in between 'variable'. I could of course change this tag to some thing else like %variable% instead but the application has a few years on its neck and needs to have backward compatibility in mind.

Anyone knows if/how I can disable this 'feature'?

I run InstallAnywhere 2008 Value Pack 1

Thanks in advance

/AlgonRithm
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For a literal dollar sign, you can use the IA variable $DOLLAR$.
0 Kudos
AlgonRithm
Level 3

Doesn't solve my problem. InstallAnywhere still deletes all the double dollar signs '$$' as a last action. All that is left from '$$variable$$' is 'variable'.

/AlgonRithm
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Does clearing the "Substitute InstallAnywhere variables in file" option on the Modify Text File action make a difference?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

AlgonRithm wrote:
Doesn't solve my problem. InstallAnywhere still deletes all the double dollar signs '$$' as a last action. All that is left from '$$variable$$' is 'variable'.

/AlgonRithm

Obviously in order to have in the end $$variable$$ (and in case you need it, replace the other IA variables) you have to write it as $DOLLAR$$DOLLAR$variable$DOLLAR$$DOLLAR$.
0 Kudos
AlgonRithm
Level 3

"Substitute InstallAnywhere variables in file" solved the problem 🙂

I wrote %%variable%% in the file and then I did a search and replace from '%' to $DOLLAR$

Thank a lot

/AlgonRithm

Btw I tried $DOLLAR$$DOLLAR$variable$DOLLAR$$DOLLAR$ but it didn't work.
Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos