Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thierry_GARNIER
Level 3

Migrating From IA 2009 to IA 2014 - How to create uninstall action

Hi,
I'm try to use IA 2014 reading IA2009 project. I have
using : http://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installanywhere2011/Content/helplibrary/Ia_recreateuninstall.htm
and my question is about :
" 1. In the Install phase, add a Create Uninstaller action to the project, if one is not already present."
how to add a Create Unstaller action ?
I use the Add Action button in the Sequence / Install list, but i don't find any Create Uninstall Action.
Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

If you don't see the action in the list of actions that you can add, it might be because the action is already present in your project.

Here's what the Create Uninstaller action looks like in a sample project:

Here's what the action list looks like in a project in which I deleted the Create Uninstaller action:
0 Kudos
Thierry_GARNIER
Level 3

I found in the XML file the tag :

but in the designer i don't find it.
If i delete the tag in the xml and reopen the project, now i can add Create Uninstaller Action;)
But may be it is not the best solution :
1) Is there a way to find this action in the action list with the designer (function like search - action - Create Uninstaller) ?
2) is it legal to remove the tag in the xml ? can thet introduce some other troubles ?

If you have some idea, you are welcome
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Can you attach a copy of your project (one where you haven't modified the XML), and maybe someone can take a look at it and advise you how to proceed? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Thierry_GARNIER
Level 3

Here is the project,
let me know if you need something else.

thanks
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

It looks like your project already includes an uninstaller at:
$USER_INSTALL_DIR$\jviews-charts88\UninstallerData\Uninstall $PRODUCT_NAME$

See the screen shot below.

So, the next step you'd need to do is to add the InstallAnywhere Uninstall Component to your project. Next, associate your Uninstall Launcher that's already in your project with that component that you just created.

Once you do that, your project should be fine.

0 Kudos
Thierry_GARNIER
Level 3

OK, thank's, I have found it.
May be, one of my trouble was that the icon was customized.

So now, as you say, lets go to the next steps...
0 Kudos