cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WutongDeath
Level 3

How to Build Without Compression

I want to run a silent install of several other products.
Thus, I don't want a single installation file "Web_Installers\InstData\Windows\NoVM\install.exe".
I need a folder which should contain several other products and "setup.exe".
How to do ? Thanks !!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Well by default everything is built inside a single install.exe (you can rename it a setup.exe if you want). There is a CD-ROM build mode, but then you'll get a little install.exe and a big Resource1.zip near, but everything that you need to install is inside the original installer... What exactly is what you need to install besides your setup?
0 Kudos
WutongDeath
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
Well by default everything is built inside a single install.exe (you can rename it a setup.exe if you want). There is a CD-ROM build mode, but then you'll get a little install.exe and a big Resource1.zip near, but everything that you need to install is inside the original installer... What exactly is what you need to install besides your setup?

Thank you for your advice!
I want seperated folders(represent several different products' original installation files) rather than Resource1.zip. I use IA to generate silent response file and than call these product's silent install. Does it clear?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

If you have several products then you might want separate installers... but in any case I don't think you can prevent IA from storing installers' resources in a Resource1.zip file (be that inside or outside the setup).
0 Kudos