cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahul_roshan
Level 2

Installer freezes while installing Uninstaller components

Hi Team,

I am using InstallAnywhere 2012 SP4 version to create an installer for windows platform. I am facing one issue. My installer get freezes while installing the uninstaller components for the product. I can see that the all files came in uninstall folder but the installer is not able to proceed with the installation. Please find below the installation log:

Install Directory: C:\InstallDir\

Install Directory: C:\InstallDir\Uninstall\

Install Uninstaller: MyProduct(Install All Uninstaller Components)

Create LaunchAnywhere: resource jar is empty

Install File: C:\InstallDir\Uninstall\Uninstall MyProduct.exe

Install File: C:\InstallDir\Uninstall\Uninstall MyProduct.lax

Install Directory: C:\InstallDir\Uninstall\resource\

Install File: C:\InstallDir\Uninstall\resource\iawin64_x64.dll

Install File: C:\InstallDir\Uninstall\resource\iawin32.dll

Install File: C:\InstallDir\Uninstall\resource\remove.exe

Make Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyProduct
Value Name: DisplayName
Value Data: MyProduct

Make Registry Entry: Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MyProduct
Value Name: UninstallString
Value Data: "C:\InstallDir\Uninstall\Uninstall MyProduct.exe"

Value Name: MyProductID
Value Data: 2216b53c-1f0a-11b2-94db-82d1fa9bb3b5

Value Name: InstallLocation
Value Data: C:\InstallDir

Value Name: InstallDate
Value Data: Fri Jun 13 15:06:10 IST 2014

Value Name: DisplayVersion
Value Data: 1.0.0.1

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< INSTALLER FREEZES NOT ABLE TO PROCEED WITH INSTALLATION >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I tried removing .com.zerog.registry.xml file and clearing the temp directory but still facing the issue. Please help me to resolve this ASAP.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
nosrednayduj
Level 7

Were you installing over a preexisting installation? Did you remove the .com.zerog.registry file from the uninstaller directory or from the main zerog path in program files? I found that the one in the uninstaller directory was getting out of control when I installed my product on top of itself multiple times and running out of memory and freezing. I had to write a little sanitizer that deleted duplicate entries.
0 Kudos