Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudhichadaga
Level 3

Package for Unix - No JVM error

Hi,

I am very new to Install anywhere,
I am facing an issue while creating an installer for UNIX, which will do the following- copy .trz file, untar it, modify text in a sql file & than execute a series of sql scripts.
I am getting JVM not found error,
But while building package the option to bundle 'JVM' and with_vm check box are disabled.

please help
thanks
Sudhi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

InstallAnywhere is a Java based installer so you need a JVM in order to run an installer created with it.
0 Kudos
sudhichadaga
Level 3

thanks a lot for your response,

can i bundle jvm with UNIX_all package? because in build page-bundle with jvm check boxes are disabled for all platform.

thanks
Sudhi
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, the Unix_ALL is a thing supposed to run on all Unix flavors... but then the JVM has to be binary compatible with each Unix platform... with it's practically impossible. I guess that the checkboxes you mention are disabled because there is no VM in the resource/installer_vms subfolder in your IA installation folder. As soon as you'll put one for the respective platform, that should activate the checkbox, thus giving you the possibility to bundle it in your installer.
0 Kudos
sudhichadaga
Level 3

thanks i have downloaded it and bundled vm with package
🙂

thanks again
sudhi
0 Kudos
ivenkata
Level 6

Hi Sudhi,

You can either download the VM packs from the Acresso site or you can create one by yourself.

Steps to create the VM Pack are mentioned in the IA Help.

Thanks,
Indraneel
0 Kudos