cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saharey
Level 3

Installer Hangs at Installing... unistall

Hi All,
From last week I am facing issue with InstallAnywhere 2009 SP2, suddenly on Linux the UI and even Silent installer get hang when it reaches to point showing progress "Installing... uninstall".

I don't see any error message at console because I am running my installer in debug mode, this is what I am getting last messages on shell:

XMLScriptWriter: No Installation Objects were skipped
Retrying Installables deferred in pass 0
Deferral retries done because:
There were no deferrals in the last pass.
RepositoryManager: repository successfully written to stable storage
RepositoryManager: repository successfully written to stable storage

Anyone has any idea or suggestion on this, will be thankful to you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

The question you may want to ask yourself is: "what has changed in your IA project since last week?" The answer to this question might lead to an answer to your issue!...
0 Kudos
saharey
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
The question you may want to ask yourself is: "what has changed in your IA project since last week?" The answer to this question might lead to an answer to your issue!...

That's what the issue is from last 2 weeks we did not made any changes to our IA projects, otherwise that would have been our first suspect.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Ok, so let's skip to the next questions: on what Linux platform does this happen (Debian, RedHat, Suse, Ubuntu etc.) (it might make a difference). Then, does it happen on a single distribution or on more than one? Does this happen on a single machine or on more than one? Does this happen when you install it as regular user or as root?
0 Kudos
saharey
Level 3

pv7721 wrote:
Ok, so let's skip to the next questions: on what Linux platform does this happen (Debian, RedHat, Suse, Ubuntu etc.) (it might make a difference). Then, does it happen on a single distribution or on more than one? Does this happen on a single machine or on more than one? Does this happen when you install it as regular user or as root?

First of all thanks for taking interest in my issue.
This happen on all flavors of Linux, this is happens on all the distributions also reproducible on all the m/c with regular and root user.
Anyway I resolved this issue and now the installer is back to normal, but IA should through some meaningful error message if it get stuck in between.

The reason behind Hang of installer there was one junk file getting packaged with tomcat of our product so when IA tries to unpack this junk named filed it used to hang, but IA never thrown any error message while installer build or while installing the product, may be iA should have complained that "file name is not recognized or cannot unpack file"
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

What was the name of the junk file?
0 Kudos