cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KANNANEMC
Level 2

Installation fails on Windows 2012 R2

Hi Folks,

Installer created with IA 2012 fails on Windows 2012 R2.
Error below:

Flexeraawy$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load
at Flexeraawy.af(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraawy.aa(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.init(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

Does IA2012 support Windows 2012 R2?

Or what is the workaround?

Thanks,
Kannan
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

I'm not sure whether there is a workaround for that. However, I can confirm that InstallAnywhere 2012 does not have support for Windows Server 2012 R2 (which shipped after both InstallAnywhere 2012 and the service pack for InstallAnywhere 2012).

Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 was introduced in InstallAnywhere 2013. You may want to download the eval version of InstallAnywhere 2013 and see if the issue is resolved.
0 Kudos
KANNANEMC
Level 2

Thanks for the update DebbieL.

We were able to install our previous builds ( built with IA2012) on Windows 2012 R2.
We tried IA2013 trial version. It again failed with the same error.

Regards,
Kannan
0 Kudos
nitinsingal
Level 2

KANNANEMC wrote:
Thanks for the update DebbieL.

We were able to install our previous builds ( built with IA2012) on Windows 2012 R2.
We tried IA2013 trial version. It again failed with the same error.

Regards,
Kannan

I am also getting the following error when installing on Windows 2012 R2 usinf IA2012
"Windows DLL failed to load"
I would like to know how was this problem resolved. I do not receive this error when installing on windows 2012
Any help would be appreciated. Also we noted that this error goes away if we provide a LAX_VM parameter to the installer that point to java 170_51 or earlier
The moment LAX_VM is set to later java versions it starts throwing the error on Windows 2012.

Regards,
Nitin
0 Kudos
NigelM
Level 4

nitinsingal wrote:
I am also getting the following error when installing on Windows 2012 R2 usinf IA2012
"Windows DLL failed to load"
I would like to know how was this problem resolved. I do not receive this error when installing on windows 2012
Any help would be appreciated. Also we noted that this error goes away if we provide a LAX_VM parameter to the installer that point to java 170_51 or earlier
The moment LAX_VM is set to later java versions it starts throwing the error on Windows 2012.

Regards,
Nitin

This issue was not addressed until Hotfix C for IA2013. I found a workaround to be setting compatibility in the install executable file properties to Windows 8.
0 Kudos