cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bharath_reddy
Level 3

How to remove 'Restore Default Folder' button?

Hi,

We have some requirements that are really hard to google. I got one of my issues solved here . Vlad, thanks for the reply. Your reply helped me.

There are few more with me now and any help over these will be much appreciated

a) Is it possible to remove the 'Restore Default Folder' and 'Restore Default File' that we get when we perform 'Choose Folder' or 'Choose File' actions. We just need only 'Choose...' button and not both 'Restore Default ' and 'Choose' buttons

b) After the 'Next' button at the end of the Panel , can we add our own custom buttons ?

Other than using Custom Code Panel, do we have any other work around for this?

We are using InstallAnywhere 2008 VP1 Enterprise version.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK there is no other workaround but to use custom code. And even with custom code, I'm not sure you can add another button besides Previous and Next. Also, I wonder, what would be this third button, given that you already have a Cancel button in the far left...
0 Kudos
bharath_reddy
Level 3

WRT CustomCodePanel, I have seen in some of the InstallAnywhere docs that ,

This class allows you to integrate your custom panel into an installation seamlessly, while adopting the same look
and feel as InstallAnywhere’s builtin panels.

But the UI displayed by Custom Code [with JFileChooser] looks deviated from the one displayed by IA.
Is there a way, where we can customize the 'Choose Folder' panel so that we can have the same look and feel minus 'Restore Default Folder' button?

Can we make use of the classes present in 'com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.*' [like ChooseFile,ChooseFolder] in our Custom Panel classes?

Any thoughts?
0 Kudos