cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinsig
Level 2

Installation fails on Win 7 but Win 8 it works!? Exit Code 2001

Hello,

I just evaluating IA 2013. I took a projekt form IA 2010 an import it. Works fine.
On a Windows 8 System the Installation works.

But on a Windows 7 it start and after choosing language I get a Exiting wiht exit code: 2001 error.

Can anyone helb me?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
UtsabKarmakar
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

Hi,

The exit code 2001, means "The installation failed the authorization check, may indicate an expired version".
To know more about the exit codes goto InstallAnywhere help and look in to Installer Exit Codes page.

Thanks,
Utsab
0 Kudos
martinsig
Level 2

I think I got the problem.
It seems to me that if you build with a IA - Evalutaion Version the Installation does just work for a Week...
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

I believe that the eval-mode-built installers stop working after 3 days. From the Important Information section of the release notes:
Evaluating InstallAnywhere
Note that if you have not purchased a license for InstallAnywhere, you can install it and use it for a limited number of days without setting up the licensing. When you are using InstallAnywhere in this scenario, it operates in evaluation mode. The licensing wizard that InstallAnywhere displays whenever you launch InstallAnywhere in evaluation mode shows you how many days are left in the evaluation period. If you do not set up the licensing within the evaluation period, InstallAnywhere stops working when the evaluation period ends. You can set up licensing at any time before or after the evaluation period ends.

When you use InstallAnywhere in evaluation mode, there is a time limit for running installers that it creates. If you build an installer in the evaluation version of InstallAnywhere, your installer will stop working after 3 days.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos