cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjandris
Level 5

IABookStore Docker container example won't work on Linux

I have been trying to get the IABookStore example to work on my linux machine.
It seems the Dockerfile and anything else it saves as a result of trying to build the container is saved to paths with backslashes, for example: IABookstore\dockerfile_Default_Container_Configuration/
So that when I go to build the container, it fails. I am assuming any containers I try to create will be the same?
Is there a way to change / fix this behavior? Thanks
I apologize if I am missing something obvious.

Greg
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Nischal_B_V
Level 3

Hi Greg,

I would like to know which version of the docker engine you are trying to use to build the containers ?? Knowing this would help us to assist you in resolving the problem.
0 Kudos
gjandris
Level 5

I installed, Docker version 1.7.1, build 786b29d on the CentOS 6.7 linux machine I am using.
It seems to want to save the Dockerfile to a path with backslashes, so when it goes to build it, it fails because it can't find the Dockerfile.

Here is the error:

Building Docker Image: SSH connection success
Building Docker Image: Preparing to Build..
Building Docker Image: Building..
Building Docker Image: Failed.. Cannot locate Dockerfile: Dockerfile

I find these in the InstallAnywhere installation directory, ( one above the IABookstore dir ).

IABookstore\dockerfile_Default_Container_Configuration/
IABookstore\dockerfile_Default_Container_Configuration\Dockerfile

Thanks

Greg
0 Kudos
Nischal_B_V
Level 3

Can you try the below approach to see if it resolves the problem you have come across ??

Pre-requisite:
Clean up all the previously built IA Bookstore containers in the docker engine machine

Steps to Follow:
1. Open the IA BookStore project
2.In the Designer->Goto Build Tab-> Build Conatiners
3.In that under Docker Configuration Section, you will see a field named "Choose Container Configuration" and a default value in the drop down as "Default Container Configuration"
4. In the same field, click on Copy option and give a name say "Test"for the copied configuration.
5. Now provide Docker Engine Credentials and select a base image
6. Add a Linux Installer,and Cross check the docker file section to see the above changes
7. Configure as per your requirement or Use the default values for the postbuild events section
8. Explictly save the project by pressing Ctrl+s or from file menu
9. Click on "Build Selected" option to build the newly copied configuration "Test".

After the build is successful, launch the url - the IA Book Store application must be up and running.

Note: Either you can keep the Default Container Configuration while doing the above steps or delete after copying it.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thank You
0 Kudos