cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genleo
Level 6

IA variables in HTML panel

Hi all,
I'd like to create a HTML panel similar to Pre-Installation Summary panel, so in my HTML file I write:

Product Name: $PRODUCT_NAME$

but the variable isn't resolved at running time and the output is the same.

Is there a way to resolve IA variables in these panels?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

If there is no Substitute IA variables option on a panel I'm afraid that, well, there is no built-in variable replacement. What exactly do you mean by creating a panel, is that a custom panel?
0 Kudos
genleo
Level 6

No,
in the pre-install phase I add an action (Panel: Display HTML), I create an index.html file with the text mentioned above and I put it into an archive as suggested.

The only option present is "Read Form Elements as InstallAnywhere Variables" but I didn't understand how to use it.

Thanks for your reply
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Yeah, indeed no mention of that option checked by default in the doc.

"The Display HTML panel allows developers to display HTML from an archived file or a specific URL on a panel during the installation. Use the General Settings tab to assign the HTML panel a title and select the source of the HTML. See Panel Action Settings for more information about settings for images, labels, and help content on this panel.

Tip: A sample custom HTML panel is available in
/Custom Code/Samples/HTMLPanelSample/"

Maybe the HTML Panel Sample to give you a tip?
0 Kudos
genleo
Level 6

Unfortunately the example in Samples directory doesn't show how to display a IA variable in a HTML panel, it just shows an input form 😞

I'll try to understand the meaning of that option...

Thanks
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Or maybe you could ask directly the Macrovision support? Anyway, I guess everybody would benefit from that information!
0 Kudos
gunasekaranmca
Level 3

IA variable is not displaying in HTML Panel:mad:
0 Kudos
ujavaid
Level 3

gunasekaranmca wrote:
IA variable is not displaying in HTML Panel:mad:

May be you need to add modify text file action with substitute IA variables check box as checked, before HTML panel. This way you can display IA variables. Hope this workaround helps.
0 Kudos