cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daclear
Level 4

How to set classpath?

Hi~
I've met this problem that I need to set several jars to the classpath. My custom codes need these jars during the installation.
How can I do this?

I've read the manual and it seems that the "Set classpath" button and the "$IA_CLASSPATH$" variable work for launchanywhere only. Am I wrong about this? Thanks a lot!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
sandy_2008
Level 7

You can use 'set environment variable' action to set any variable you want.
0 Kudos
daclear
Level 4

I tried your method and added the path of the required jars into "classpath" but it doesn't work...
Back in ISMP, we use the "Additional Class Paths" to add required jars. Does IA have any functions to do the same work?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

question on the same lines.. if i need some jar to run my custom code.. I put it in The Dependencies option...
So if i am using same jar for multiple files... its increasing my installer size.
is there any better way?
like putting in the IA classpath?
0 Kudos
daclear
Level 4

Thanks a lot, the dependency way settled my problem!
But It'll still be better if we can set the classpath
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

But if .. i use same jar multiple times.. for no reason .. my installer size is increasing 😞
0 Kudos
daclear
Level 4

I just read the InstallAnywhere 2009 Release Notes. And there's a new feature 'Payload Optimization'.
It says:
"InstallAnywhere now better detects source duplication at a file level and bundles only one copy of the source. The source is deployed in all specified locations, but bundling only one copy reduces the footprint of the installer."

Maybe 2009 can settle your problem......
0 Kudos