cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voyager1983
Level 4

Fail to start up installation on some machine

Hi, All

On some user’s machine (windows XP), the InstallAnywhere installer can’t successfully startup.

After the extraction process, an error box popped up, which is attached, said

There's no hint and I don't know how to trace that bug.
Knowing the same installer can work correct on other machines.

I took a look at the machine, and its account is administrator type.

Anyone know the reason or how to trace the reason?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Is it a downloaded installer? If yes, would it be possible to check (maybe by doing an MD5 sum) that the downloaded installer hasn't been altered during download?
0 Kudos
voyager1983
Level 4

Nop, the installer is local build out.

The same installer works fine on other's computer. Seems it's the machine's configuration makes it failed. But I don't get a method to track the reason
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Do you bundle any JVM with your installer?
0 Kudos
voyager1983
Level 4

yes,the installer uses a bundled JVM
0 Kudos
voyager1983
Level 4

I tried holding while starting installer. Unfortunately, there’s no console windows appears. This scenario indicates that there’s something wrong while invoking the extracted files.

I found the extracted files are placed at C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\I1213593658.

When I copied the folder out from temp dir to other regular folders, I can start install by invoking install.exe.

I suspect if this symptom is because of improper privilege setting of current account, which might obstruct the executable running in temp folder. Have you ever met that problem?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

It's pretty much obvious that if your Windows account does not have enough privileges in order to install software, your IA-based installer will most likely fail.
0 Kudos