cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thomaspl
Level 3

Executables not generated from merge modules

Hello,

I have a main project with multiple console launchers (Action: "Create LaunchAnywhere for Java Application"), and an other project using this first project as merge module reusing these launchers .

We haven't issues with default options of launchers main project. But when I customize the launchers options, eg. "Windows execution level" at "highest available" or when icon is changed, launchers are generates on the main project with good options but not the one that imports it.

I noticed that issue isn't reproduced when I change or add some properties in "Launcher properties".

Could you plz check ?

I'm working on IA 2020 SP2.

Thanks so much in advance

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RitanshuAnkita
Revenera
Revenera

Merge modules inherits all of mentioned properties from Parent installer . Parent installer settings takes priority over merge module settings. This is by design in IA. 

0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry, I poorly explained :

We haven't issues with default options of launchers main project. But when I customize the launchers options, eg. "Windows execution level" at "highest available" or when icon is changed, launchers are generates on the main project with good options but the one that imports it, doesn't generate at all the launchers anymore.

We see in the zip (.iam.zip) of the merge modules that at the path \makeExecutable we have lax_console_invoker.exe and lax_gui_highest.exe. When we customizing the options launchers like mentioned before, the first .exe is renamed with an id at the begining (eg 54_lax_console_invoker.exe) I was thinking it's could be related to my issue. Maybe could help it.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Merge modules are not executables, it is a zip file which has bundle of all files required for installation. Parent imports merge module as an payload  in project and at time of installation parent unzips it to install as child. Launchers and uninstaller added in merge module will have all properties overridden by parents. Icon change done for merge module will not hold good if that is different from parent.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are not updating the installation result of the merge module in the parent project who use it.

I add some screenshots of my issue and my selected options on the ia project.

Say me if you want my iap_xml files, some logs or other.

Thank you for your patience

0 Kudos