cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phoenix_ml
Level 3

Easy way of changing file path variable?

Hi All,

When I link files to the installer, it automatically assigns the source path as a variable such as $DUMMY_FILES$\

Is there an easy way to change the source path variable (I cannot find it when i open the project in notepad)?

I need to be able to change it because the drive of the files will change based on different build boxes

thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
milanthumar
Level 3

Hi I am new to IA software.

I develop installer on windows machine. Building installer on Linux build machine.
Our build happens every day. And every day BASE path is different.
Building installer using ant.
1. Is there any way to set Source Path at build time?

Awaiting for solution
Thanks in advance.

- Milan
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Normally, the source path is a per-user variable. All you need to do is to have the same structure as the developers, but possibly on a different path, and set the source path accordingly.
0 Kudos
milanthumar
Level 3

Thanks,

Would like to suggest some improvement in this area.
In enterprise company environment usually happens that path vary every day base on build.

We can improve IAE 2010 to specify Source path variable's value at build time by passing value as parameter.
If one more attribute(i.e Installer Options) added to "buildinstaller" ant task then one can easily provide path at run time.

Thanks,
- Milan
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

What you can do is to change this information in the .properties file where it is stored (in the user environment)... or copy the needed information from the daily build to a neutral path (that won't change).
0 Kudos