cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sidsid
Level 3

Create shortcut in the start menu

I want to create a short cut in the start menu. i m trying to use Action - Panel :Alias,Link, Shortcut.
I m getting the panel when i run the installer which allows me to select the option to select in the location to create the short cut. But i can't find any short cut created when installation completes.

I have a 5 to 6 jar files which i am using as executables. i want to create a new folder in the start menu to put all these jar file. i am able to put all the forms at a perticular location on running the installer. for this i m using Speed folder. but i don't think speed folder is of any use when it comes to short cuts.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

When you pout a new shortcut in your project in the Install task section you must change the destination folder from $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ to the appropriate magic folder.
0 Kudos
sidsid
Level 3

i have made the changes accordingly but still i can't see short cut created in the start menu.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

On what Windows version does this happen?
0 Kudos
sidsid
Level 3

i have uploaded the project it self . please find the project attached.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

In your version the shortcut did not go in the $USER_SHORTCUTS$, but in the Program Files folder... Please check my version (maybe diff between those two).
0 Kudos