cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qqqqqq
Level 7

Build issue !

Is there anyway to provide the customcode path relatively?

the problem :

i want to develop my installer on one machine. so it gives me xyz.iap_xml...

I want to build this xyz.iap_xml on other machine where IA is installed.

problem i see is i can't have the same directory structure on building machine as my developing machine has. e.g. my customcodepanel.zip file.

any way to do this..

any help ll be appreciated 🙂
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
qqqqqq
Level 7

please help.. this is crucial for me.:confused:
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Do you use source paths in your IA project(s)?!?
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

wasn't using previously..
the source path is doing the job.... thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

I am using "source path" option that comes in "Preferences".
For this i have to open the UI and edit. Is there any to specify SOURCE PATHs through some properpties/config file?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK this is the only way to set source paths. But you set them once per project and then all paths are relative to those paths...
0 Kudos
sandyqudie
Level 3

Acutally you can set the source paths directly in a properties file. It's located at
C:\Documents and Settings\InstallAnywhere\80\Enterprise\preferences\com.zerog.ia.PathManager.properties

Just be careful that the path variables in this file need to have IA_PATH_ prefix

(e.g. If you want to define a path variable inside IA call "CUSTOMCODE_PATH", you will need
$IA_PATH_CUSTOMCODE_PATH$=c:\...
)
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

thanks sandy !
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

You can also set environment variables before launching the IA GUI or when calling the command line. (I set them in the Ant build target on the build machine.) As the previous poster said, prefix them with IA_PATH_. So I set "IA_PATH_BUILD" to a tree full of build products, and then IA magically figures out to use $BUILD$\xxx when I've selected a file to install. The build machine has a different top level path, but its hierarchy below that is the same.
0 Kudos