cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvasko
Level 4

Allow only selectable drives

Is there a way not allow the user the ability to specify a path but allow them to select the drive that they want to install the component on?

For example my application will go in X:\blah\app where X is whatever drive the user picks for that specific component.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

In the Choose Install Folder you have a checkbox that disable manual path choosing, so all the end user can use is browsing in order to select the desired drive and path.
0 Kudos
kvasko
Level 4

pv7721 wrote:
In the Choose Install Folder you have a checkbox that disable manual path choosing, so all the end user can use is browsing in order to select the desired drive and path.

Sorry for my ignorance here but I can't seem to find a "Choose Install Folder" option. Are you talking about "Destination" for the feature or component?

Or are you talking about the dialog itself possibly? Or are you talking about in the "Project Assistant" in the "Installation Interview" section the question asking "Do you want your users to be able to modify the installation location of your application?". I already have that option turned to "No" in the Project assistant.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I'm afraid you're now talking of some options that I've never heard of... So are you sure you're talking about InstallAnywhere?
0 Kudos
kvasko
Level 4

pv7721 wrote:
I'm afraid you're now talking of some options that I've never heard of... So are you sure you're talking about InstallAnywhere?

I apologize, I am not using InstallAnywhere 2010. I am using InstallShield 2010. I am requesting a mod to move this to the appropriate section.

Thank you.
0 Kudos