cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pri17585
Level 3

Adding external jars to java.class.path (IA classpath )

Hi,
I am facing a problem of including jaxb jars in the installer classpath during runtime with java 1.5.
In pre-install section I am executing a custom plugin which uses jaxb. The code fails because it does not find the dependent jaxb jars

I am trying to find out if there is a way to add external jar path (and bundle alongwith the installer resources).
When I run the code I get the following exception.

Loading externalized properties
Execute Custom Code
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installer.ia.action.ddinstallregistryxml.DDInstallRegistryXMLAction 1 class com.installer.ia.action.ddinstallregistryxml.DDInstallRegistryXMLAction unavailable.
Execute Custom Code
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installer.ia.action.ddinstallregistryxml.DDInstallRegistryXMLAction 2 class com.installer.ia.action.ddinstallregistryxml.DDInstallRegistryXMLAction unavailable.
Execute Custom Code
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installer.ia.action.ddinstallregistryxml.DDInstallRegistryXMLAction 1 class com.installer.ia.action.ddinstallregistryxml.DDInstallRegistryXMLAction unavailable.
Execute Custom Code
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.installer.ia.action.ddinstallregistryxml.DDInstallRegistryXMLAction 2 class com.installer.ia.action.ddinstallregistryxml.DDInstallRegistryXMLAction unavailable.

I tried using IA_CLASSPATH as well, but I am not able to bundle the jars with the resources so that it is available for use.

I want my console output to look like the following, where the jaxb jars are directly available under InstallerData

No Arguments

java.class.path:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\installer\InstallerData\jaxb-api.jar
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\installer\InstallerData\jaxb-impl.jar
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\installer\InstallerData\IAClasses.zip
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\installer\InstallerData\Execute.zip
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\installer\InstallerData
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\I1400606464\Windows\InstallerData

ZGUtil.CLASS_PATH:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\installer\InstallerData\jaxb-api.jar
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\installer\InstallerData\jaxb-impl.jar
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\installer\InstallerData\IAClasses.zip
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\installer\InstallerData\Execute.zip
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\installer\InstallerData

Is there any other way to add to the "lax.class.path" and make the jars available at runtime.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
usha_poli
Level 3

Hi,

I think adding the jaxb jars to the dependencies list of the customcode action in installer IDE may resolve this issue.

- Usha.
0 Kudos