cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chargeback and Showback reporting on private cloud

Hi All!

Some time ago RightScale Optima could be used to perfomr chargeback and showback reporting on clouds like AWS, GCP, Azure and private cloud running on VMware Technologies. I have noticed that this feature was deprecated for private cloud. Does anyone could share with me what they did to keep the cost control for private clould please since Billing Center does not support it?

Looking forward to hear from you soon and thanks for you help so far.

(1) Solution

Hi there,

You're correct that this feature was deprecated as we moved to a new cloud bill data-driven back end for Optima. We are currently working to add support for VMware back in; it's on the roadmap for completion in 1H 2020. I'd be glad to get on a call with you and capture the details of your use case. Let me know if you're interested!

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hi there,

You're correct that this feature was deprecated as we moved to a new cloud bill data-driven back end for Optima. We are currently working to add support for VMware back in; it's on the roadmap for completion in 1H 2020. I'd be glad to get on a call with you and capture the details of your use case. Let me know if you're interested!

Thank you @mncrandell  for your quick reply. I would appreciate if we have a call to discuss it deeply. I'll send a private message to schedule a call.