Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SrinivasJL
Level 4

lmutil lmhostid -flexid v11.16.2.1 doesn't return dongle id

Hi,

we are using v11.16.2.1 Flex SDK and Dongle drivers 7.80

when i run this command "lmutil_org lmhostid -flexid -long". I am getting following  error.
lmutil_org - Copyright (c) 1989-2018 Flexera. All Rights Reserved.
The FlexNet host ID of this machine is ""
WIBU DLL not found!
ALADDIN DLL not found!

But with old sdk(v11.11.1.2)'s lmutil i am able to get flexid. i am not getting what went wrong.

I copy pasted the "haspsrm_win64.dll" C:\windows\system32(still not working).

could you please Help me out !?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

srinivas

0 Kudos
(18) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

You would need to make sure that when using FNP-11.11.1.2 SDK, appropriate version of hasprt.exe and libraries are placed at the appropriate folder and the dongle library shared with FNP kit is installed.

To specify the location of the FLEXID9 dongle library, Do one of the following:
• Define the FlexNet environment variable FLEXID_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the location of the dongle shared object, haspsrm_win32.dll or haspsrm_win64.dll (depending on your architecture).
• Manually copy the DLLs to the Windows installation System32 or SysWOW64 directory (depending on your
architecture).

The relevant DLLs should be copied to the folder:
• On a 64-bit system, publishers using the x64_n6 kit should install haspsrm_win64.dll to %windir%/System32.
• On a 64-bit system, publishers using the i86_n3 kit should install haspsrm_win32.dll to %windir%/SysWOW64.

Can you confirm if you are using the above mentioned settings? If yes, then i would advise opening a support ticket for concerned team to look into this.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem with 11.16.2.1 SDK.
i would like to know how to install dongle library shared with FNP kit and what is hasprt.exe ?

0 Kudos

There is a detailed document "Driver Installation Guide for Flexnet ID Dongles" - i have shared the same documentation library with you on this case. Kindly refer the same to install the dongle drivers.

hasp_rt.exe is the SafeNet external license manager.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hi,

we able to fetch the dongle id in developer machine with the configuration you provided.

but not able to fetch in Test Machine with same lmutil.exe.

Any securities or system environment may block lmutil !?

0 Kudos

Could you share the error details that you are seeing on test machine? Also please confirm if you have followed the steps as advised in the product document?

0 Kudos

Hi

What is the OS version ? If you are using Windows 7 you can have issues of compatibilities

Regards.

Gilles Noyer

0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB.(COEM)

0 Kudos

Hi

On Windows 10, I never encoutered some issue. But please check the followng items:

• The Flexid driver is correctly installed.
  • The dll haspsrm_win32.dll or haspsrm_win64.dll is placed in the correct folder.
  • check the digital signature of these DLL ( on my case, the digital signature was corrupted, and the file was not recognised.

Regards.

Gilles

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the signature of the haspsrm_win64.dll and lmutil.exe..

it is saying that "one of the countersignatures is not valid, The file may have been altered.

What i have to do to solve this issue.

Regards,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Great, you have find the origin of the issue. If the file is not recognized are correctly signed, it will not be usuable by lmhostid ( there is a check done by FNP Api)

Now, you have to solve it. May be you can reinstall these DLL.

Regards.

Gilles Noyer

0 Kudos

Hi Gillies,

we are directly using this dll from FNP toolkit !!!

copy pasting into system32 folder directly from fnp toolkit.

May i know how do we reinstall !?

Regards,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Yes, you can copy it again from the the fnp toolkit.

0 Kudos

@aparashar1 

I am having the same issue on a Windows 10 VM the license manager does not work with the error

Wrong hostid on SERVER line for license file:
licenses/LicenseFile.lic
line says FLEXID=9-12345678, hostid is (Can't get hostid of type 15 [])

When I view FlexNet publisher dashboard system info page and lmutil, does not show FLEXID. Windows device manager shows the HASP device 

But on a CentOS 7 VM it works with the Dongle and the corresponding license file! 

0 Kudos

@lyaplum2 , may i request you to refer to this KB article here:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/FLEXID-9-is-not-being-detected-using-FNP/ta-p/133179/jump-to/first-unread-message

and confirm if you are still facing this issue?

0 Kudos

@aparashar1 

Allow me provide more detals.

On a Windows physical machine the FLEXID is detected or shown on the flexnet publisher dashboard and when running lmhostid on the command line. And the license manager works well with the FLEXID and the corresponding license file for the USB device.

But on a Windows Virtual Machine it doesn't. There is an error on the log file indicating there something wrong about the HOSTID.

7:11:49 (LMGRD) Wrong hostid on SERVER line for license file:
7:11:49 (LMGRD) licenses/LicenseFile.lic
7:11:49 (LMGRD) SERVER line says FLEXID=9-########, hostid is (Can't get hostid of type 15 [])

We have done those steps on the troubleshooting guide.

And FLEXID is detected and works on both Linux physical and Linux virtual machines. 

0 Kudos

Oh we are using:
lmgrd v11.16.4.0 build 252457 x64_n6 - Copyright (c) 1988-2019 Flexera.
0 Kudos

Hi
In Windows, by default, the USB dongle is assigned to the host machine. In your case, you must assign the dongle so that it can be used by the guest machine.
On the virtual box or VmWare, you must click on the USB icon visible in the lower right corner of the Windows virtual machine, and select the corresponding dongle.

I hope this will help you.

Cordially.
Gilles Noyer
0 Kudos

Yes, we already did that several times and on different VMs, Windows 7, Windows 10, RHEL 7, Centos 7.
And only on windows VMs the dongle is not detected by Flexera. It is shown and detected by the windows system since device manager shows the USB HASP drivers. 

As mentioned we have exhausted all the troubleshooting steps we can find and the issue only happens on windows VM v11.16.2 and higher. We used flexera v11.14 and it detected the USB Key/dongle and shows the FLEXID. 

0 Kudos