cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidheffernan
Level 3

lmadmin installer log location

Jump to solution

I have a client for whom the lmadmin installer is failing. It reaches the very end but then reports a message saying that the installation completed but that there were errors. I'm sorry I don't have the exact text but my client hasn't supplied me with it and clicks through next and OK buttons too fast for me to make exact notes!

Anyway, I think that there are installer logs created but I don't know where they are located. Does anybody know where to find them please?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @davidheffernan  ,

The logs get created in the TEMP directory.  Please ask the customer to do the following:
1. Navigate to %TEMP%
2. If there is a directory named uninstall in %TEMP%, rename it to uninstall_BACK
3. Set the following System level environment variable:

_JAVA_OPTIONS=-Dlax.debug.all=true -Dlax.debug.level=4

4. Launch the installer and then immediately hold down the CTRL key.  Continue holding it down until a console opens
5. Proceed through the installation, reproduce the issue
6. When the last panel displays, copy the entire contents of the console that was opened and paste into a text file
7. Exit the installation
8. Check that a new uninstall directory was created in %TEMP%

Please raise a case with us once the customer has sent the below:
- The uninstall directory
- The uninstall_BACK directory
- The text file the contents of the console were pasted into 

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @davidheffernan  ,

The logs get created in the TEMP directory.  Please ask the customer to do the following:
1. Navigate to %TEMP%
2. If there is a directory named uninstall in %TEMP%, rename it to uninstall_BACK
3. Set the following System level environment variable:

_JAVA_OPTIONS=-Dlax.debug.all=true -Dlax.debug.level=4

4. Launch the installer and then immediately hold down the CTRL key.  Continue holding it down until a console opens
5. Proceed through the installation, reproduce the issue
6. When the last panel displays, copy the entire contents of the console that was opened and paste into a text file
7. Exit the installation
8. Check that a new uninstall directory was created in %TEMP%

Please raise a case with us once the customer has sent the below:
- The uninstall directory
- The uninstall_BACK directory
- The text file the contents of the console were pasted into 

For any future readers (i.e. me) you can set the environment variable from an elevated prompt with

setx -m _JAVA_OPTIONS "-Dlax.debug.all=true -Dlax.debug.level=4"
0 Kudos