cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radamsL3Harris
Level 2

Lmstat blocked

We have several sites behind firewalls that pull Flexnet publisher licenses from our license server. We had to open the vendor and lmgrd ports in the firewalls to allow this to work. Unfortunately lmstat does not work from the firewalled sites. Is there a port or protocol we need to open so lmstat will pass back results to sites behind the firewalls? 

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jmcmillan
Revenera
Revenera

@radamsL3Harris  please try the following syntax...

lmstat -a -c 27001@<serverhost>

...replacing the port and server with yours.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

I have the same problem.  ..."sites behind firewalls that pull Flexnet publisher licenses from our license server.  We had to open the vendor and lmgrd ports in the firewalls to allow this to work...  "  We can successfully check out licenses.  But, "...Unfortunately lmstat does not work from the firewalled sites."

I already use "lmstat -a -c <port>@<host>"

Well, for at least one of the license servers behind the firewall, "lmstat" works fine.  But for at least another one, lmstat responds with

lmgrd is not running: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7)

which is a fairly generic response.  The license server machine is up, since I can get licenses from it.  So, it must be "not responding".

Is there some way to debug this?  

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
jyadav
Flexera Alumni

Hi @JerryH  ,

The vendor and lmgrd port should always be open for communication .

I would also suggest you to add the the server name and IP address to the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts  and then give it a try.