cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidheffernan
Level 3

Even with ONE_TS_OK it is possible for two interactive users on the same machine to share a single local license

I am using FlexNet Publisher 11.18.2.

I am working with local node-locked licences which have ONE_TS_OK. On server editions of Windows it is possible to have multiple interactive RDP sessions. ONE_TS_OK successfully stops a local node-locked licence being shared between two such RDP sessions on the same machine.

However, consider a user logged in directly to such a machine (either by physically connecting keyboard, mouse, display etc.) or through a screen-sharing tool like VNC. In this scenario a different user can login via RDP to the same machine and share the local FlexNet licence with the directly connected user.

For my licensing model, I would like to prevent that from happening. I am able to achieve what I want for floating licences, but sometimes users have a preference for local node-locked licences which are simpler to setup (no licence server etc.)

Is there any way to achieve what I want with a local node-locked licence.

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @davidheffernan As per the current ONE_TS_OK I don't think it's possible (here is my understanding, either physical or RDP user should use the license, perhaps physical user using the license then the RDP user will get an error and vice versa) is that right?.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

@mrathinam Both physical and RDP user can share the same license is what happens.

The scenario you describe is what I would like to happen, but it is not what happens.

0 Kudos

Hi @davidheffernan Thanks for the clarification, as of now it's not possible. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos