cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rysadamus75
Level 2

Flexnet local license issue - very long checking time

Hello. Since may 2020 i suffer from weird issues with starting apps protected by FlexNet protection. I am using Windows 7x64 SP1. Last update to system were made in half of 2019.

I have 2 apps protected with FlexNet. It is Autocad 2010 (which i fully reinstalled and the problem persisted) and Schneider EBO automation programs (BMS). Till may 2020 everything worked perfectly. Now to run something from Schneider package or Autocad i am forced to wait long minutes (even 10 minutes). There are times where the apps start almost immedietly, but it is rare. The rest of my apps (not protected by FlexNet) and system features work without any problems or delays. Long start doesn't generate any error - not in application nor in system events. I tried to remove trusted storage as adviced in similar cases - apps rebuilt the removed files but problem persisted. No more ideas what to do.

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
raffie
Level 6

This is just a guess based on some similar issues I've run into, and I'm not sure how this applies to trusted storage.

Check your license search path and the LM_LICNESE_FILE environment variable.  If you have too many entries or some bad entries, this can cause serious performance issues.  You might have a server on the path that doesn't exist, but the name still resolves, so all the connections to that server will have to wait for a connection timeout.

0 Kudos

I don't have LM_LICENESE_FILE variable. Autocad is not using FlexNet license server (local or remote). It looks like it is rather some kind of license verification based on local trusted storage. Trusted storage is a space where FlexNet is keeping *.data files in c:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\. Most common advice is to just remove data files to resolve lightest issues.

I have FLEXLM_TIMEOUT=1000000. I have changed it to 1000 but without any positive outcome. I have uninstalled Schneider license manager which maybe removed mentioned variable, but Autocad is still launching for very long time. I don't know what broke and when. EBO was installed since 2018, and actively used since half of 2019. Problem arised in may 2020. Now before ACAD start i can go to kitchen to make a coffee, drink it and make another and maybe LMU is still hogging CPU. It will start finally but the period is unbearable.

I know that some Sectigo certification built in system expired around this time as well, but don't know if it is somehow related. Sectigo is no longer support that certificate and it was replaced but something similar, which i installed in june.

SMART of HDD is not showing any issues but i will make a full hdd scan to see if maybe it can be some issue.

0 Kudos